9.01.2011

     I am Sandra Costa and I was born in São Paulo in 1957. Although graduated as German Translator and Interpreter at Unibero in 1983, I have been an English private teacher for 21 years now.
     My parents met very young at the age of 7 at their primary school, got married at 21 and I was born when they were 22. I had a sister, who died in 1981 and I have a little brother five years younger than me. My parents came from very poor families and had to leave school earlier in order to work to improve their income. So, I was born in a very simple place and did my primary school at SESI, located inside a factory near our house.
     I have learnt to work hard since the beginning. I helped them at their pub and restaurant, which was opened 364 days a year. My father has always been an entrepreneur and when I was ten our financial situation was much better. No sooner had we moved to Santo André in 1967, I started studying at a Catholic school - Instituto Coração de Jesus, which made me really interested in English. As soon as I finished High School, I was sent to Saint Clare's Hall in Oxford then later I studied at Trinity Language School in London.
     Back to Brazil I started working as a secretary in an import and export company. Later I worked at my father's factory. In 1980 I got a job in an international airline company - Cruzeiro do Sul, where I met my husband, who worked for Varig. I left the airline company in 1988, when Iwas invited to work as the General Consul's secretary at the General Consulate of Mexico in São Paulo. Two years later, we moved to Granja Vianna, where we still live. I have been a private teacher since then.
     Now that my both children are married, I have decided to go back to university and started an Advanced English Sutdies further degree course at Unibero - Anhanguera Educacional, which has been an incredibly suprising experience, not only for the quality of its professors, but also for the possibility to interact with other youger professionals so enthusiastic and dedicated in their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment